http://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg
Brockton Heritage Register


Records

Results

We found
33
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 12 Concession 10, Cargill - "Cargill House"
    Image       Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
    Image     Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
  • 7 Jackson Street North - "Hartley Hotel"
    Image       Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of the Walkerton downtown core for almost as long as the settlement has existed. this prominent building defines the main downtown intersection, balancing the relatively new constructions of the Bank of Montreal and the Foodland grocery store. Three Prime ...
    Image     Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of the Walkerton downtown core for almost as long as the settlement has existed. this prominent building defines the ...
  • 249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
    Image       Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as it became the permanent home of the public with a grant from American industrialist, Andrew Carnegie.
    Image     Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as ...
  • 336 Durham Street East - James Rothwell Block
    Image       Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown look by retaining the original upper facade and brickwork.
    Image     Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown ...
  • 410 Jackson Street South - "Rowland House"
    Image       This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been described as being "the best unaltered example of Queen Anne Revival Style in Bruce County" by the Walkerton Walking Tour ...
    Image     This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been ...
  • 104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
    Image       Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
    Image     Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
    Image       Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
    Image     Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the ...
  • 10 Yonge Street North “Hampson's Foundry”
    Image       Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber structure was clad with board and batten siding. The type of foundation is not certain but it is most likely ...
    Image     Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber ...
  • 11 Victoria Street South
    Image       Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential rentals.
    Image     Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential ...
  • 106 Cayley Street
    Image       Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
    Image     Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
  • 107 Cayley Street
    Image       Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
    Image     Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
  • 108 Cayley Street
    Image       Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
    Image     Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
  • 209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
    Image       The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many of Walkerton’s foremost politicians and citizens have had their start in the legal halls of the court complex.
    Image     The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many ...
  • 215 Jane Street - Armoury
    Image       Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for militia training and armament. For many years now it has served as a municipally run daycare.
    Image     Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for ...
  • 220 Victoria Street - Sacred Heart Catholic Church
    Image       Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. In 1895, the church was enlarged, and a sanctuary was added. In 1927, the pastor, Father Maloney, noticed the foundation ...
    Image     Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. ...
  • 232 Durham Street East
    Image       Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning pharmacy while being physically and visually linked to the buildings on either side.
    Image     Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning pharmacy while being physically and visually linked to the buildings on either side.
  • 310 Victoria Street
    Image       This home was built in 1917. Dominated by the Sacred Heart Catholic Church site to the North, this former farmhouse was ordered directly from a catalogue, making it unique in Walkerton.
    Image     This home was built in 1917. Dominated by the Sacred Heart Catholic Church site to the North, this former farmhouse was ordered directly from a catalogue, making it unique in ...
  • 311 Colborne Street
    Image       Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican Church.
    Image     Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican Church.
  • 331 Durham Street East
    Image       Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton given the external Italianate facade.
    Image     Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton ...
  • 404 Victoria Street
    Image       Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
    Image     Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Brockton Heritage Register


Brockton's Heritage Register of Historic and Architecturally significant sites.