http://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg
Brockton Designated Properties


Records

Results

We found
11
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 12 Concession 10, Cargill - "Cargill House"
    Image       Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
    Image     Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
  • 7 Jackson Street North - "Hartley Hotel"
    Image       Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of the Walkerton downtown core for almost as long as the settlement has existed. this prominent building defines the main downtown intersection, balancing the relatively new constructions of the Bank of Montreal and the Foodland grocery store. Three Prime ...
    Image     Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of the Walkerton downtown core for almost as long as the settlement has existed. this prominent building defines the ...
  • 249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
    Image       Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as it became the permanent home of the public with a grant from American industrialist, Andrew Carnegie.
    Image     Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as ...
  • 336 Durham Street East - James Rothwell Block
    Image       Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown look by retaining the original upper facade and brickwork.
    Image     Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown ...
  • 410 Jackson Street South - "Rowland House"
    Image       This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been described as being "the best unaltered example of Queen Anne Revival Style in Bruce County" by the Walkerton Walking Tour ...
    Image     This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been ...
  • 104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
    Image       Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
    Image     Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
  • 15 McNab Street - "Joseph Walker House"
    Image       Built in 1860, this was one of the first buildings ever built in Walkerton; this was the house of the town’s first mayor, its founder and its namesake. This houses historical value far outweighs its architectural value. Constucted near Walker’s saw mill, grist mill and dam, this house is of ...
    Image     Built in 1860, this was one of the first buildings ever built in Walkerton; this was the house of the town’s first mayor, its founder and its namesake. This houses ...
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
    Image       Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
    Image     Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th ...
  • 120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
    Image       Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by parishioners. Prominent parishioners included Donald Sinclair, first Speaker of the Ontario Legislature. The building combines two architectural styles into a ...
    Image     Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by ...
  • 124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
    Image       Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the elected member of the House of Commons from 1925-1935, and lived in this house for over forty years. The house ...
    Image     Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the ...
  • 305 Colborne Street - St. Thomas Anglican Church
    Image       Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court complex.
    Image     Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Brockton Designated Properties


Properties with Brockton that have been designated by the Ontario government as having cultural heritage value or interest under the Onatrio Heritage Act. Once a property has been designated under Part IV of the Act, a property owner must apply to the local municipality for a permit to undertake alterations to any of the identified heritage elements of the property or to demolish any buildings or structures on the property