The funeral of Konstantin Bokan, who died of starvation.
- Bokan, Nikolai, 1881-1942, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The photo depicts the funeral of Konstantin Bokan. Members of the Bokan family, and possibly other mourners, stand behind the horse-drawn cart carrying Konstantin’s body and coffin. It is unclear whether this photo was captured at the graveyard or en route there. Nikolai Bokan appears to be pictured on the right.
Konstantin died of starvation in June 1933. In the few months prior to his death, he had been working on a collective farm where he was overworked and poorly fed. He had left the family home earlier in the spring of 1933. As his parents were struggling to provide for their large family during the famine, Konstantin was leaving the family home to take up work and residence at a collective farm. It is unclear whether he was asked to leave or whether he left of his own accord. Konstantin would have been around twenty-two years old at the time of his departure.
- Похороны Кости 11/VII 1933 г.
Kostia’s funeral 11 / VII 1933.
- Date of Publication
- 11 Jul 1933
- Personal Name(s)
- Konstantin Bokan ; Nikolai Bokan.
- Local identifier
- Nikolai Bokan
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 51.34567 Longitude: 32.87794
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine: https://ssu.gov.ua/ua/pages/98
- Any reproductions of images from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine must include the following reference: Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine, fonds 6, case № 75489-fp, volume 2.
Iнформуємо, що при публікації документів ГДА СБУ обов'язкове посилання на місце їх зберігання за зразком: ГДА СБ України, фонд 6, справа 75489-фп, том 2.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of the State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine.