Death Certificate of Konstantin Bokan
- Nikolai Bokan, 1881-1942, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The death certificate indicates that Konstantin Bokan died on July 1, 1933 at the age of twenty-one. He is said to have died from exhaustion due to malnutrition (istoshchenie). The doctor's office is listed as the place of death. The certificate was prepared by Dr. Klym Teslia, a local doctor, who was notably one of the witnesses interrogated as part of Nikolai and Boris Bokan's criminal trial.
The date and location of death are contrary to other sources in the file. In his memoir and in the inscription to one of the photos presented in the collection, Nikolai Bokan claimed that Konstantin collapsed in a field and died on the spot. Two photos in the collection also feature the grave marker in which June 30, 1933 is inscribed as the date of Konstantin's death as opposed to July 1, 1993 which the certificate claims it to be (See the "Related Features" section for details on the mentioned photos).
The criminal case file does not include the original death certificate, but only a photo of the document. The photo of the certificate also appeared on other display boards prepared by Nikolai (see the "Related Features" section).
- Date of Original
- July 1933
- Personal Name(s)
- Konstantin Bokan
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Russian; Ukrainian
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 51.34567 Longitude: 32.87794
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine: https://ssu.gov.ua/ua/pages/98
- Any reproductions of images from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine must include the following reference: Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine, fonds 6, case № 75489-fp, volume 2.
Iнформуємо, що при публікації документів ГДА СБУ обов'язкове посилання на місце їх зберігання за зразком: ГДА СБ України, фонд 6, справа 75489-фк, том 2.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of the State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine.