The Bokan family shares a meager meal to mark the departure of Konstantin Bokan, who was leaving the family home to work on a collective farm.
- Bokan, Nikolai, 1881-1942, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The photo features the Bokan family sharing a meager meal to mark the departure of Konstantin Bokan. As his parents were struggling to provide for their large family during the famine, Konstantin was leaving the family home to take up work and residence at a collective farm. It is unclear whether he was asked to leave or whether he left of his own accord. Konstantin would have been around twenty-two years old at the time of his departure.
Only a few months after this photo was taken, in June 1933, Konstantin died of starvation. He had been overworked and poorly fed on the collective farm.
- Прощальный обед Косте по случаю ухода на отдельное жительство.
Kostia's farewell lunch on the occasion of his departure for a separate residence.
- Personal Name(s)
- Konstantin Bokan ; Vasilina Bokan ; Nikolai Bokan
- Local identifier
- Nikolai Bokan
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 51.34567 Longitude: 32.87794
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine: https://ssu.gov.ua/ua/pages/98
- Any reproductions of images from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine must include the following reference: Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine, fonds 6, case № 75489-fp, volume 2.
Iнформуємо, що при публікації документів ГДА СБУ обов'язкове посилання на місце їх зберігання за зразком: ГДА СБ України, фонд 6, справа 75489-фк, том 2.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of the State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine.