Boris and Nikolai Bokan, seated.
- Bokan, Nikolai, 1881-1942, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Boris and Nikolai Bokan pose on two chairs in front of a backdrop that features a lighthouse. Nikolai holds Leo Tolstoy’s "A Cycle of Readings." He claimed this book had served as a foundation for his religious and philosophical beliefs.
Nikolai Bokan was an adherent of the Tolstoyan movement that was based on the philosophical and religious writings of Leo Tolstoy. The movement promoted values of non-militarism, vegetarianism, and moral improvement, and aspired for the attainment of a rural, self-sufficient livelihood.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- 26 Jun 1933
- Personal Name(s)
- Boris Bokan ; Nikolai Bokan
- Local identifier
- Nikolai Bokan
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 51.34567 Longitude: 32.87794
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine: https://ssu.gov.ua/ua/pages/98
- Any reproductions of images from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine must include the following reference: Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine, fonds 6, case № 75489-fp, volume 2.
Iнформуємо, що при публікації документів ГДА СБУ обов'язкове посилання на місце їх зберігання за зразком: ГДА СБ України, фонд 6, справа 75489-фк, том 2.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of the State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine.