Why Russia is Hungry!
- Answers, 1933, p. 3-4
- Williams, Whiting, 1878-1975, Photographer
- Williams, Whiting, 1878-1975, Author
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Newspaper illustrations
- Newspaper clippings
- “Why Russia is Hungry,” Answers. London, March 3, 1934, pp.3-4
Photos taken August, 1933.
This article is the second of 2 articles by Whiting Williams published in a London weekly describing his visit to Ukraine in August 1933.
The original photographs that served as the basis for the published illustrations are accessible from the Related Features menu. A description of the photographs along with their original captions are included.
Unfortunately, the original photograph of the line of people waiting to buy their food rations is not in the Whiting Williams archive, and cannot be located elsewhere at this time. Therefore, we have no further information, either from the visual context that has been excluded from the illustration, or from an original caption,as to a specific location in Ukraine.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Whiting Williams
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Williams, Whiting. “Why Russia is Hungry,” Answers (weekly). London, March 3, 1934, p.3. [MSS 3580, container 12, folder 1.] Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland, OH. Retrieved from: http://vitacollections.ca/HREC-holodomorphotodirectory/3645664/data
- Location of Original
- Whiting Williams [MSS 3580, container 12, folder 1], Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland, OH.
- Reproduction of images is restricted to fair use for personal study or research. Any other use requires a contractual agreement with the Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland, OH. Contact the Society directly at:
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced by contractual agreement with the Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland, OH.