Inside front cover of Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. or Red Album
- Wienerberger, Alexander, 1891-1955, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Photograph albums
- The text shown is written on the inside of the front cover to a personal album of Alexander Wienerberger’s photographs. Presumably it was assembled by Wienerberger himself, and bears his handwritten title: Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. [The Workers' Paradise. U.S.S.R.] It is also known as the Red Album because of its red binding.
This album contains photos from Kharkiv, Crimea, and Moscow. Because Moscow as well as Crimea at that time, were outside the political boundaries of Ukraine, the album photos from those locations are not included in this Directory. Moreover, the photos from Crimea and Moscow are primarily of a personal or sight-seeing nature.
For related essays, see Home page menus and Related Features below photo.
- The Kharkiv photographs selected for this Directory are from 1933. The album itself, however, is undated and is in the private collection of Samara Pearce, great-granddaughter of Alexander Wienerberger.
- “Proletarien aller Länder vereinigt euch!....(im Massengrab.)” [Proletarians of all countries unite! ... (in the mass grave)].
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
Width: 31 cm
Height: 23.6 cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Wienerberger, Alexander
- Local identifier
- Alexander Wienerberger: Beyond the Innitzer album
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Samara Pearce https://www.samarapearce.com/
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Reproduced with the permission of rightsholder Samara Pearce. Source: Private collection of Samara Pearce.
- Recommended Citation
- Wienerberger, Alexander. Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. (also known as the Red Album). Private collection of Samara Pearce, n.d., p.1b. Retrieved from: http://vitacollections.ca/HREC-holodomorphotodirectory/3647474/data
- Location of Original
- Private collection of Samara Pearce. Please contact Ms. Pearce for reproductions from the original.
- Rightsholder requests that the name of the photographer, Alexander Wienerberger, accompany each authentic reproduction of his work.