OLA Super Conference 2003: The 100th Annual Conference of the Ontario Library Association
- Ontario Library Association, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Welcome to the best that the Ontario Library Association has to offer-Super Conference 2003! Great speakers, great programs, great networking and great social events.
This event caps a year where your association has found its voice deep within itself- within our members. OLA and its divisions tapped into the things that our members truly care about and again made a positive difference. The list of projects that have been furthered grows and grows:
· our vision of an Ontario Digital Library.
· our shared concern about the situation of school library programs, collections and staff.
· investment and assistance to Ontario's aboriginal and reserve libraries.
· global issues such as GATS, and the World Trade Organization.
· national issues such as copyright reform, our National Library building.
· local issues such as broadband access, the digital divide and information literacy.
· our vision of library boards more critically placed in community development.
· the new OLA Education Institute providing regional and virtual education in a dramatic new format to a library profession growing with the times.
Your Association more than ever works with you. This year's conference reflects the priority issues that we are facing together in our community and in our workplace. It reflects the renewed vision we are bringing to new generations of users in all walks of life and in all age groups. Our efforts are
making their world better and more is to come.
Have a great conference! Learn, Transform, Enjoy!
Stephen Abram, OLA President and Chair of the 2002 OLA Board of Directors, Vice President, Micromedia ProQuest
- Date of Publication:
- 30 Jan 2003
- Date Of Event:
- 30 January-1 February 2003
- Personal Name(s):
- Linwood Barclay ; Russell Mills ; David Snowden ; Phyllis Yaffe
- Super conference programs
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes:
- To view the physical program collection or request a reproduction, please contact OLA.
Ontario Library Association
Agency street/mail address
2 Toronto St. 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 2B6