The house was initially built in the 1880s by the Snelgrove family, farther down the street on land later acquired by the Canadian Northern Railway Company. The house was then moved in 1910 to its present location.
50 Prince Edward Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
This Gothic Revival style house was built in 1850 by John Simpson.
61 Simpson Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
Originally the Webster farmhouse, this home and detached carriage shed were built in 1890.
Webster Farm, 52 Sanford Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
This 1871 Edwardian style home (there is some argument it could have been built around 1900) is one property once owned at different times by the Proctor, Sanford, and Davidson families.
202 County Road 30, Brighton, Ontario Details
The buildings for this property, owned by Wm. Gibbard, appear in the 1878 Northumberland County Atlas by Belden & Co. (It is the only sketch of a Brighton farm in the Atlas.)
15064 Telephone Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
Maitland Ketchum, a Main Street merchant built this home in 1880. It is still known as the Ketchum House, despite being home to the Nesbitts from 1915 to 1981.
56 Sanford Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
Established by a Crown grant in 1839, this Century Farm has been in the Woof family since 1855.
720 Goodfellow Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
The James Richardson House is Brighton's oldest existing home.
45 Division Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
The Chatten House, built in 1865, was originally a barn. It was in the Chatten family from 1920 to 2006.
77 & 87 Chatten Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
Now the Walas Funeral Home, this stately Colonial Revival was built in the early 1880s.
130 Main Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
Believed to have been built circa 1870, a sketch of Cedar Grove appears in the Northumberland County Historical Atlas, Belden & Co., 1878.
14835 Telephone Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
Built circa 1870, the Waite Century Home has been in the Waite family since 1869.
Originally owned by the Macklam family, Cornelius Valleau built the Folk Victorian house circa 1885.
Macklam House, 364 Main Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
This house was built in 1852 for the Platt family.
108 Main Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
This former school house was built from uncut fieldstone - a rarity for the era. BDA Archive volunteer Ralph de Jonge attended this school in 1957.
632 Hansen Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
Elishis B. Purdy purchased this property from Reverend Garrett J. Dingman in 1882 for $1475, suggesting it included the house, probably built circa 1880.
33 Kingsley Avenue, Brighton Details
Robert Thompson built the original house on this property in 1852. The current home was built in 1870.
193 Guertin Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
This charming home, now Apple Manor Bed & Breakfast, was built in 1843 for Thomas Sanford.
96 Main Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
Long a commercial anchor for Brighton, the Proctor Clarendon Hotel dates to at least 1875.
39 Prince Edward, Brighton, Ontario Details
This 1870 Folk Victorian home was the Gosport home of the Nesbitt family.
12 Price Street West, Brighton, Ontario Details
The Wade Block was erected circa 1860 and in 1892 was acquired by Dr. Robert Wade who ran his general medical practice from this location.
67 Main Street or 3 Division Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
One of Brighton's iconic landmarks, The White House aka the Nesbitt House, was built for lawyer William J. Eyre about 1879 and was purchased by Samuel Nesbitt in 1899.
199 Main Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
In 1862, the cornerstone was dedicated by the Grand Lodge of Ancient Free Masons of Canada. The church was named St. Paul's by a parishioner and local businessman, Milton Kingsley Lockwood, who became the first warden.
St. Paul's Anglican Church, 48 Sanford Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
This 19th Century Ontario Gothic Cottage style home was once owned by Charles and Betty Mutton, who purchased it 1957. The previous year, part of the original 50-acre plot was acquired by the Department of Highways for the expansion of Highway 401.
15154 Telephone Road, Brighton, Ontario Details
The Rube Cheer House is believed to have been built circa 1904.
Rube Cheer House, 115 Main Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
The multi-generation Herrington Farm continues its proud legacy as a family dairy farm. Built in 1810, it has been in the Herrington family since 1918.
395 Richmond Street, Brighton, Ontario Details
Cornelius Valleau is believed to have built the house in the period 1880 to 1884 for Roswell B. Macklam.
20 Centre Street, Brighton, Ontario Details