Letter from Doug McCracken to Eliza J. Padginton
- Doug McCracken, Correspondent
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Eliza J. Padginton Collection, World War II Letters
- Eliza J. Padginton (1862-1961) served the Colborne community as postmistress for over 70 years, beginning her career in January 1883 as an assistant to the Postmaster of Her Majesty’s (Queen Victoria’s) Royal Mail. She sent newspapers to enlisted Cramahe men and women during the Boer War (1899-1902), World War I (1914-1918), World War II (1939-45), and the Korean War (1950-53). Cramahe Township Public Library holds over 200 letters written by World War II soldiers both abroad and in Canada.
(Argyris, Eileen. How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 2000).
- Date of Original:
- 19 January 1943
- Local identifier:
- 122le a-d
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0