Three men standing in front of a jewellery store, King Street, Colborne
- Mystery Question
- Do you have any information about this image?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Lantern slides
- Lantern slide and glass negative (36gp) of this image are in the archives.
This photograph was taken in front of a jewellery store, where other similarly posed photos were taken. See 15gp for such an example. A print of 15gp was found in a photo album entitled Colborne 125th Anniversary Committee. Written on inside front cover of this: Reproductions of glass negatives and positives of Colborne, Ontario's past - early 1900's - belonging to Arnold Warren and the Wm. C. Griffis family. Developed by Wm. Bennett (cousin of Joan & Harold Harnden under the auspices of the 125th Anniversary Committee celebrating Colborne's 125th Birthday 1859-1984. Handwritten on the back of 15gp print: Jewellery store in background with old clock in view for watch repair advertising (now Harnden's Jewellery).
See the publication - How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne in Cramahe's Digital Archives (3bk), p.152 for a reference to Mayhew's Jewellery and Harnden's Jewellery.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.00012 Longitude: -77.8828
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
- Cramahe Township Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0