Abraham Gould, town clerk, and Chief Jamieson standing on King St., Colborne
- Mystery Question
- Do you have any information about this image?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Chief Jamieson is holding an Assessment Roll 1914.
A print of this glass negative was found in a photo album entitled Colborne 125th Anniversary Committee. Written on inside front cover of this: Reproductions of glass negatives and positives of Colborne, Ontario's past - early 1900's - belonging to Arnold Warren and the Wm. C. Griffis family. Developed by Wm. Bennett (cousin of Joan & Harold Harnden under the auspices of the 125th Anniversary Committee celebrating Colborne's 125th Birthday 1859-1984). Handwritten on the back of 12gp print: "left Abraham Gould (town clerk) rt Chief Jamieson" Also a handwritten tag: "lt Abraham Gould (town clerk) rt Chief Jamieson Far end: Queens Hotel"
The photo album was unstable and the prints were removed and are now located in a print storage box.
See the publication - How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne in Cramahe's Digital Archives (3bk), pp.154-155 for a reference to Chief Jamieson and p.93 for a reference to A. Gould.
A lantern slide (63ls) was made from this glass negative.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.00012 Longitude: -77.8828
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
- Cramahe Township Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0