Studio portrait of Leslie Rice
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Studio portraits
- Portrait photographs
- Hand tinted photograph of Leslie Herbert Rice (1903-1996) set in an oval mahogany frame. He is wearing a brown velvet jacket - 2tx - which is in the Cramahe Archives.
- Leslie Herbert Rice (1903-1996) was the son of Samuel Rice (1866-1935) and Sarah Ashby Rice (1872-1955). Mr. and Mrs. Rice married on 4 June 1902 in the county of York, City of Toronto by Rev. Wesley Down. They also had a daughter, Yvonne Gertrude (1907-1986). The family moved to a farm at Lot 30, Concession Broken Front, Cramahe Township in 1921. After the deaths of both parents, Leslie and Yvonne continued to farm. Leslie later married Ethel ?. The farm was south of Colborne on Lake Ontario. The St. Lawrence Cement Company started operations west of the Rice farm and eventually bought the farm. Leslie's widow, Ethel, donated a number of Rice family items a year after his death.
Colborne Heritage Site catalogue card: "P0037 21.4.97 photo - Leslie Herbert Rice large oval frame donated by Mrs. Leslie Rice"
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
- Cramahe Township Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0