Rotary Cork Press, Griffis Drug Store, Colborne, Cramahe Township
- Media Type
- Item Type
- See the publication - How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne in Cramahe's Digital Archives (3bk), p.134 for references to Griffis Drug Store.
(Argyris, Eileen. How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 2000).
- Raised cast inscription: C.L. Lochman Pat. Aug 7, 1867
The Practice of Pharmacy by Joseph Price Remington. p.947, fig.400 for an illustration of the Lochman cork press.
Online information regarding possible manufacturer:
The original rotary cork compressor patented by C.L. Lochman, of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, August 27, 1867.
C. L. Lochman's Patented Corkpress No. 1. Patented August 27, 1867. US Patent # 68,093. Manufactured by Enterprise Mfg. Co. Philadelphia, Pa. Marked NO. 1 Pat Aug 7 1867 and Enterprise Mfg. Co Phila
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.00012 Longitude: -77.8828
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
- Cramahe Township Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0