Photograph of G.B. Tait's store and Castleton Town Hall, Cramahe Township
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This image was published in How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne in Cramahe's Digital Archives (3bk), p.96. The caption reads: "Northwest corner of Spring and Percy Streets, Castleton, ca. 1927. From left are: G.B. Tait's store, the township municipal building, a white frame building originally built as a machine shop but which served as home to several religious denominations, a small frame building that was John Wolfraim's blacksmith shop and a white frame house, formerly the home of Dr. A. Crichton. Standing in front of the store are (from left) Andrew Wolfraim, Douglas Tait, Lois Tait, and George B. Tait. The store was demolished around 1960."
Argyris, Eileen. How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 2000.
- Cramahe Archives does not hold the original item in its archives, but has a digital image.
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1927
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0