Colborne Railroad Stations
Colborne Train Stations
Grand Truck Railway Station/Canadian National Railway Station, Colborne. "Coyle House" can be seen on one of the coaches.
Grand Truck Railway Station/Canadian National Railway Station, Colborne. "Coyle House" can be seen on one of the coaches. Details
Grand Trunk Railway Station, Colborne
Grand Trunk Railway Station, Colborne Details
Photograph of a group of men on the platform at Grand Trunk Railway Station, Colborne
Photograph of a group of men on the platform at Grand Trunk Railway Station, Colborne Details
Photograph of two men at Grand Trunk Railway Station, Colborne
Photograph of two men at Grand Trunk Railway Station, Colborne Details
Railroad stations provided an essential service to large and small communities. In Northumberland County, the introduction of the railway as a new technological advance emerged in the 1850s. The railway allowed for the rapid movement of people, products, and the mail, challenging watercraft transportation services for long distance, and eventually supplanting horse drawn carriages, coaches, and wagons for local needs. Three train stations served Cramahe Township at the height of the railway industry - the Grand Trunk, the Canadian Pacific, and the Canadian Northern. CN (Canadian National) also played a vital role in the history of Colborne's railways.
Canadian Northern Railway Station, Colborne
Canadian Northern Railway Station, Colborne Details
Railway baggage movers
Railway baggage movers Details
Canadian Pacific Railway Station, Hubble Farm, Reid Farm and Webb Orchard, Ogden's Point, 1943
Canadian Pacific Railway Station, Hubble Farm, Reid Farm and Webb Orchard, Ogden's Point, 1943 Details
Photograph of the car used by the Coyle to transport passengers from the Grand Truck train station to the hotel.
Photograph of the car used by the Coyle to transport passengers from the Grand Truck train station to the hotel. Details
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit