Group photograph of Colborne Baseball Team with Coach Bob Turner
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The following comment was submitted (January 2016): "[Ellis Sheldrick commented about this photo] I am 13 years old, so everyone is within a year of 13 years old. Bob Turner according to Ellis and all the boys and girls, Ellis quote "greatest man who moved to Colborne." "He was a southern gentleman from North Carolina and he had a great talent for seeing the best in kids and if you were under fifteen you were simply a 'good kid'. Growing up some of these kids perhaps needed a guiding hand and he gave it to us. None of us had a dime,but that didn't matter to Bob... Bob's salary was paid by two wonderful 'gentlemen' from Colborne because of the Council of the time would not pay the salary of the first Recreational Director because he was black."
The archives does not hold the original photograph in its collection, but has a digital image.
- Coach Bob Turner, John Lynn, George Maskell, George Stickle, ? Lyle, Ellis Sheldrick, Larry Stickle, Reggie Maskell, Bob McLaughlin, Pete Armstrong, Gordon McDonald, Paul Island, George Kenney, Jimmie Webster, Pete Hamilton and ? Hamilton.
Width: 10 in
Height: 8 in
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.00012 Longitude: -77.8828
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
- Cramahe Township Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0