Photograph of three unidentified men, 1910s, Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This print appears on page 29 (one of three photographs that appears on the page) in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 3sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
To access the WI scrapbook by using its local identifier number go to - "Advanced Search" (on the Cramahe Archives home page), enter "3sb" in the keyword search box and then click the radial button on the bottom of the "Fields to Search: Local Identifier," scroll down and click "Go"
This WI scrapbook was created by Mrs. Gordon MacGregor and Mrs. T.M. Gresham.
- The men are standing on the waiting platform of a Colborne railway station and appear to be passengers waiting for their train. The Grand Truck, the Northern Canadian and the Canadian Pacific were in operation at the time.
The Jun 1959 mark on the side of the photograph identifies this reprint as likely one of the ca. 1910 negatives that were found in Griffis' Drug Store.
Typed on page 28, Women's Institute Scrapbook: "Colborne about 1910" "When Griffis' Drug Store was being remodelled in 959, a number of old negatives were found. Bill Griffis had some of them printed for the Tweedsmuir History. Unfortunately not many of them are identified..."
- Written on WI scrapbook page featuring three photographs: "More Colborne people about 1910...."
- Date of Original:
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0