Photograph of an unidentified woman and man standing in front of Griffis drug store, 1910s, Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page.
This print appears on page 30 (one of two photographs that appears on the page) in the Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook. To access this WI scrapbook click on the 'other websites' Link under the photograph that is titled Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook. (The local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 3sb).
This WI scrapbook was created by Mrs. Gordon MacGregor and Mrs. T.M. Gresham.
- The Jun 1959 mark on the side of the photograph identifies this reprint as likely one of the ca. 1910 negatives that were found in Griffis' Drug Store.
Typed on page 28, Women's Institute Scrapbook: "Colborne about 1910" "When Griffis' Drug Store was being remodelled in 959, a number of old negatives were found. Bill Griffis had some of them printed for the Tweedsmuir History. Unfortunately not many of them are identified..."
- Written on WI scrapbook page 30 featuring two photographs: "More pictures from way back when! The date of the left hand side of the poster advertising the Allan Line is 1854 - that on the right side are too indistinct to make out completely but is 19-- Shipping dates would not be advertised during the war so is probably before 1914."
- Date of Original:
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0