Photo postcard aerial view of King Street East, Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Post cards
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This print appears on page 47 (one of four images that appears on the page) in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 3sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
To access the WI scrapbook by using its local identifier number go to - "Advanced Search" (on the Cramahe Archives home page), enter "3sb" in the keyword search box and then click the radial button on the bottom of the "Fields to Search: Local Identifier," scroll down and click "Go"
This WI scrapbook was created by Mrs. Gordon MacGregor and Mrs. T.M. Gresham.
- Written on WI scrapbook page 47 (which features four images): "Colborne Then and Now" "Pictures contributed by Mrs. Maude Kirk and Charles Brown."
Click on the Select arrow for Pages to see a downloaded digital image of postcard image which has a larger file size. The Pages box is located at the top of the page.
Possibly photographed in the early 1950s based upon the the vintage of the cars.
Colborne Women's Institute, Founded March 1, 1932, Tweedsmuir History Started 1947 in Honour of the Women's Institute 50th Anniversary; Ellen, Mrs. Gordon MacGregor, Curator 1947; Amy, Mrs. T.M. Gresham
- Printed lower left corner: "Business section, Colborne, Ontario"
Printed lower right corner: "H. Carman Peterborough, Ontario"
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0