Photograph of Colborne Public School library, Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This print appears on page 7 in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 2sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
To access the WI scrapbook by using its local identifier number go to - "Advanced Search" (on the Cramahe Archives home page), enter "2sb" in the keyword search box and then click the radial button on the bottom of the "Fields to Search: Local Identifier," scroll down and click "Go"
This WI scrapbook was created by Mrs. Gordon MacGregor and Mrs. T.M. Gresham.
- Colborne Women's Institute, Founded March 1, 1932, Tweedsmuir History Started 1947 in Honour of the Women's Institute 50th Anniversary; Ellen, Mrs. Gordon MacGregor, Curator 1947; Amy, Mrs. T.M. Gresham
- Caption typed on the page 7 of the Women's Institute Scrapbook: "The library in the new grammar school. In the summer of 1968 Colborne Public School was for a second time in the process of addition with four classrooms, a library, washrooms, a teacher's room and storage facilities being built. In 1967 with the school being over crowded, grades six and seven attended classes in the Town Hall. This year the new addition will enable the school to accomodate [sic] all classes. The first enlargement consisted of two class rooms and the auditorium."
- Date of Original:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0