Photographs of 40th W.I. Anniversary, Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
These prints appear on page 61-62 in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 1sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
To access the WI scrapbook by using its local identifier number go to - "Advanced Search" (on the Cramahe Archives home page), enter "1sb" in the keyword search box and then click the radial button on the bottom of the "Fields to Search: Local Identifier," scroll down and click "Go"
This WI scrapbook was created by Mrs. Gordon MacGregor and Mrs. T.M. Gresham.
- There are four photographs in this record that were included on pages 61-62 of the 40th Anniversary - Colborne W.I.
Colborne Women's Institute, Founded March 1, 1932, Tweedsmuir History Started 1947 in Honour of the Women's Institute 50th Anniversary; Ellen, Mrs. Gordon MacGregor, Curator 1947; Amy, Mrs. T.M. Gresham
- Pages 61-62 have a detailed description of the 40th Anniversary events and celebrations.
The caption on p.61 reads:
Photo 1 - "Majorie Rutherford and Kate Thompson, Bride and Groom, 1907, at Grafton - later Colborne"
Photo 2 - "Ailene Rutherford 1927 Flapper"
The caption on p.62 reads:
Photo 3 - "Amy Gresham at Grafton - later Colborne"
Photo 4 - "Winnie Bilcox at Grafton - later Colborne"
- Date of Original:
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0