Memorial Fund Programme, Castleton Women's Institute members, 1918
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This print appears on page 23 in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 5sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
To access the WI scrapbook by using its local identifier number go to - "Advanced Search" (on the Cramahe Archives home page), enter "5sb" in the keyword search box and then click the radial button on the bottom of the "Fields to Search: Local Identifier," scroll down and click "Go"
- Cramahe Archives does not hold this scrapbook in its collection, but has high quality digital images of the contents. The image was not taken from the original photograph, but from a copy.
Castleton Branch, Women's Institute, was founded in November 1905.
Click on the Select arrow for Pages to see the second and third pages of the program. The Pages box is located at the top of the page. (The back cover of the program is blank except for a handwritten notation of the first names of various people).
- The caption on p.23 reads: "Castleton Women's Institute" "During the war years the Institute put on plays on fair nights, under the direction of Miss E.G. Pomeroy, and on one occasion took in $289.00, which was set aside as a special fund for the cenotaph, which was built from the contributions of various organizations. A program of the 1918 entertainment is shown below."
- Date of Original:
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0