Photograph of Castleton Women's Institute members, 1930
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This print appears on page 27 in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 5sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
See the link - Tweedsmuir History, Castleton Branch, Women's Institute - on the right side of the page to access the scrapbook and go to p.27. Click on the Select arrow for Pages to see the relevant page. The Pages box is located at the top of the page.
- Cramahe Archives does not hold this scrapbook in its collection, but has high quality digital images of the contents. The image was not taken from the original photograph, but from a copy.
Castleton Branch, Women's Institute, was founded in November 1905.
- Inscribed on bottom of the photograph: "Institute here [? illegible]"
The caption on p.27 reads: "Sept. 11, 1930 at Mrs. F.A. Black's. Mrs. F. Issac, President. Warkworth Branch were visitors, and Mrs. Orletta Gummer spoke on the Opportunities for World Growth. 73 persons were present."
- Date of Original:
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0