Photograph of Samuel Marvin McComb family house, and McComb family history, Castleton Women's Institute scrapbook
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This photograph appears on page 105 in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 5sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
See the link - Tweedsmuir History, Castleton Branch, Women's Institute - on the right side of the page to access the scrapbook. Click on the Select arrow for Pages to see the relevant page. The Pages box is located at the top of the page.
- Cramahe Archives does not hold this scrapbook in its collection, but has digital images of the contents. The image was not taken from the original photograph, but from a downloaded copy of the original page of the scrapbook.
Castleton Branch, Women's Institute, was founded in November 1905.
- The Samuel Marvin McComb family history is detailed on pages 102-106 of this W.I. scrapbook. Click on the Select drop down arrow beside the Pages box to see additional pages. The Pages box is located at the top of the page.
The caption on p.105 reads: "Same house."
Width: 15 in
Height: 12 in
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0