Photograph of S.S.17, Mount Pleasant School
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Cramahe Archives have four Women's Institute [WI] Scrapbooks in its collections. The WI scrapbooks contain diverse subject material about Colborne and Cramahe. All four WI scrapbooks have been scanned page by page. The scrapbooks can be accessed by going to the "Browse by Subject" option on the Cramahe Archives home page and scrolling to the bottom of the subject terms to locate "Women's Institute Scrapbooks" and then click on this link.
This image appears on page 179 in the Women's Institute scrapbook - the local identifier number for this particular scrapbook is 5sb. Original photographs included in this Women's Institute scrapbook have had individual records created for them, greatly increasing their accessibility for searching under general keyword terms.
See the link - Tweedsmuir History, Castleton Branch, Women's Institute - on the right side of the page to access the scrapbook.
- Cramahe Archives does not hold this scrapbook in its collection, but has digital images of the contents. The image was not taken from the original photograph, but from a downloaded copy of the original page of the scrapbook.
See the publication - How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne in Cramahe's Digital Archives (3bk), pp.66-77 for a chapter about Cramahe Township schools.
Date of photo not indicated.
Click on the Select arrow for Pages to see following pages. The Pages box is located at the top of the page.
- Inscription below photograph reads: "Back row - John Cornelius, Bruce Gould, Arthur McKeague, Wilbert Bradley, Tom Phillips, Norman Montgomery, Louie May, Lily Phinn, Ida McKeague, -, Jennie Phillips, Mary May. 2nd row - Sam Kewen, Wally Zufelt, Will Atcheson, Ross Cummings, Charlie Boyd, Richard Hewitt, Hanna Zufelt, Edith Honeywell, Julia Knight
Front row - ? Cornelius, Cora Barringer, Beatrice McKeague
Seated - ? Rutherford, Jim Philips, ?, John McKeague, Smith Honeywell, David ?, Hedley McKeague, Hilton McKeague, Teacher Liza Pomeroy"
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0