Photograph of Colborne School
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This image was scanned from the publication - How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne in Cramahe's Digital Archives (3bk), p.66. The caption reads: "Old Colborne School: Early sources say a red-painted school was erected in 1821 south of the Market Square. This photo is not that early, but could be the same school, ca. 1860. Unfortunately, the names of those in the picture are not available."
Argyris, Eileen. How Firm a Foundation: A History of the Township of Cramahe and the Village of Colborne. Erin, Ontario: Boston Mills Press, 2000.
See Colborne Women's Institute Scrapbook 2sb, pp.1-4 for essay about Colborne's first public school.
Cramahe Archives does not hold the original item in its archives, but has a digital image.
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Copyright, public domain: Cramahe Township Public Library owns the rights to the archival copy of the digital image.
Cramahe Township Public Library
Agency street/mail address
6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0