Cramahe Township in Northumberland County, Ontario covers an area of 201.98 square kilometres with a population of 6,073. Cramahe's boundaries are roughly rectangular in shape with its southern boundary fronting on the northern shore of Lake Ontario. The surrounding townships and municipalities are: Alnwick/Haldimand township to the west, the municipality of Trent Hills to the north, and the municipality of Brighton to the east. The 401 TransCanada Highway runs through the southern end of Cramahe township. Colborne is the largest town and home to the township's municipal offices. Castleton, Morganston, Lakeport, Salem, Dundonald, Edville, and Shiloh are among some of Cramahe's rural villages. The township takes its name from a lieutenant governor of Quebec, Hector Theophilus Cramahé (1720-1788), born in Ireland of a French immigrant family.
Exhibit, Lone Pine Marsh, Photo courtesy Dalila Seckar Details