May 20th, 1875, This is the plan for the Ontario Methodist Camp Ground in 1875. This was the first year that the Ontario Methodist Camp Ground owned the land sold to them by John B. Bowslaugh, which was approximately 12 1/2 acres. This map lays out the plots of land the company wanted to lease. They are clustered...
July 12, 1875, This map continues the survey of the Ontario Methodist Camp Grounds, plotting the lots for Blocks B. and C., and part of A., D., and F. This map accounts for another approximately 145 lots. Plan shewing the subdivision into Lots of Blocks B. and C. with parts of A. D. F. and a portion of the Park...
Aug. 17, 1878, This is a copy of fragment of a statutory lease from The Ontario Methodist Camp Ground Company to Mrs Phebe Glass of London, Ontario. It is dated Aug. 17, 1878. It is a lease for 999 years. There is a modern note at the bottom indicating that this lease was for "6 -- Victoria Terrace & #1 Block D....
October 1, 1889, This is a lease dated October 1st, 1889 which sells Lot Number 331 to Mr. Thomas Carscadden of Galt, Ontario. The property was leased for 999 years, as was the custom with the Ontario Methodist Camp Ground Company leasing. It cost Mr. Carscadden $500 the first year and one peppercorn every year...
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Only the top 50 will appear here.
Creative Commons Rights