Maynooth Train Station
- Mystery Question
- Identify the men in the photograph[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph, (4"x 6") depicting 10 men and a steam engine with one (1) coal cart, and two (2) passenger carts. The photograph was taken at the Maynooth Train station, Station Road in Maynooth, Ontario. A rural settlement in the north end of North Hastings County, 30 minutes South of Algonquin Park. The year range for the picture is as early as 1908 to and as late as the 1930's.
There are four (4) men standing to the left of the engine. Two (2) are wearing conductor uniforms with hates, and the other two (2) are wearing three-piece suits, without the jacket, with their arms crossed. There are two (2) men on the train engine, one (1) is leaning against the open window from the engine room, and the second man is standing on the coal cart.
There are four (4) men right at the front of the engine, two (2) are on the foreground, closes to the viewer, with two (2) men in the mid-ground of the photograph. The two in the foreground, one on the viewer's left has pants and a white shirt, with a tie, with his hands in his suspenders, and the other man is wearing a uniform with a hate, pocket watch on a vest, with his sleeves rolled up.
The men in the mid-ground, one (1) is standing with his hands on his hips, wearing a hat and coveralls. His face is more obscure due to distance and shadows. The second man is sitting on a step, wearing a white shirt and black pants. He is looking at the engine/men standing at the front of the engine.
In the background is the Maynooth station, full constructed, and in the immediate foreground, the ground is visible. In the left-hand side of the photograph, “MAYNOOTH FLYER, AT MAYNOOTH, ONT.” Is hand written in all capitals.
- Date of Publication
Width: 6 in
Height: 4 in
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 6in
Image Height: 4in
- Maynooth Train Station
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.22963 Longitude: -77.94096
- Vivian Bloom
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Digital Copyright held by Hastings Highlands Public Library
- Hastings Highlands Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address33011 Highway 62 North
Maynooth, ON K0L 2S0 (613) 338-2262