Waiting for Train
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Image is black and white, printed on new glossy photo paper. Depicts the Maynooth Train Station, with a crowd in front and backed by trees.
In the foreground is the train tracks, there is a single person crouching on the rail. Just behind is a raised platform where the majority of the crowd stands. There are three horse drawn carriages, one with a covered passenger cart with a single person (the driver), next to that is an open cart with one driver and five (5) people in the cart, three (3) are standing, one (1) is the driver, and two (2) are sitting. There is a third cart behind the second cart, there are horses facing off the side of the photograph. There is a bunch of logs beside/near the horses.
The train station is completed, with “MAYNOOTH” in white, on the side of the building. There are six (6) visible windows on the top floor; two on the end wall, and four along the sides. There are two visible windows on the bottom floor; one on the end wall (large with something at the top of the window) with the second one being along the side. There is a covered portion of the platform, with a train request stop on the roof. This request stop is used to indicate if there are passengers or freight to be picked up or dropped off. To the right of the main building is the freight storage; and there is a portion of a building behind the train station visible. Dates possible for photograph range from 1908-1930.
- There was a green label in with the picture "Waiting for the Train".
- Date of Publication
Width: 6 in
Height: 4 in
- Maynooth Train Station
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.22963 Longitude: -77.94096
- Vivian Bloom
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Digital Rights held by Hastings Highlands Public Library
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Tiffany Dalley
Hastings Highlands Public Library
- Recommended Citation
- Hastings Highlands Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address33011 Highway 62 North
Maynooth, ON K0L 2S0 (613) 338-2262