Page 151: Attfield, Arthur Jesse
- Full Text
July 12, 1944
Three More on Casualty List
Mrs. Ruth Attfield of Rosedale R.R. 2 has received word that her son Lt. Arthur Jesse Attfield has been listed among the missing. He was serving with a Western Ontario Regiment.
July 14, 1944
Lt. Attfield is Reported As Missing
Lt. Arthur Jesse Attfield, son of Mrs. Ruby E. Attfield, R.R. No. 2, Rosedale, has been reported missing in the 499th army casualty list released Monday.
Lt. Attfield was serving with the Western Ontario Regiment on Active Service.
February 6, 1945
Previously Reported Missing, Now Reported Prisoner of War..........WESTERN ONTARIO REGIMENT ATTFIELD, Arthur Jesse, Lieut.
Mrs. E. Attfield (mother), Rosedale, Ont.
- Media Type
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Personal Name(s)
- R. Attfield ; E. Attfield ; Arthur Jesse Attfield ; Arthur Attfield
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.56682 Longitude: -78.79958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6