Page 154: Attridge, John Theodore
- Media Type
- Item Type
John Theodore Attridge, whose home address is 102 King St. Lindsay, enlisted in the Canadian Army on 1 August 1940. He entered the Midland Regiment as a Private. Pte. Attridge trained at Lindsay and was moved to Ottawa (Ont), St. John (NB), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ont), Edmonton (AB), Prince Rupert (B.C.) and in Kingston (Ont).
Pte. Attridge went overseas on 23 March 1943. During his service he transferred to the Royal Regiment of Canada. Pte. Attridge arrived home on 8 December 1943. He received his discharge from the army on 6 March 1944.
Previous to his enlistment, Pte. Attridge was employed on the railroad.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 1 Aug 1940
- Personal Name(s)
- John Theodore Attridge ; J.T. Attridge
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.35012 Longitude: -78.73286
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6