Page 179: Bailey, Cecil W. M.
- Full Text
July 29, 1943C. W. M. Bailey of Eagle Lake enlisted in the R.C.A.F. recently.
December 29, 1943A.C.2 Cecil Bailey son of Mr. and Mrs. W. O. Bailey Eagle Lake left this week for an East Canadian port after a furlough at his home. He is a brother of Merrill G. Bailey who has been a prisoner of war in Germany for 2 years. July 1945Cecil Bailey, son of Mr. and Mrs. W. O. Bailey, of Eagle Lake, arrived in Haliburton unexpectedly, on Wednesday evening, from overseas. Cecil has been overseas about two years.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Personal Name(s)
- W.O. Bailey ; Merrill G. Bailey ; Cecil Bailey
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.13342 Longitude: -78.51625
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6