Page 211: Balfour, Stanley
- Full Text
May 30, 1945A brother, L.-Cpl. Stanley Balfour, joined the Argyll Sutherland Highlanders at Niagara in July, 1940, and received training at Niagara and Nanaimo, B.C., before being sent to Jamaica, where he served until June, 1943. After a short leave at home he proceeded overseas and took part in the invasion on 'D' Day. At present he is stationed in Germany.
November 7, 1945Cpl. Stanley Balfour, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders arrived at his home, Division Street, last week. He was met by his parents in Toronto.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Watchful Warder
- Date of Publication
- 30 May 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Stanley Balfour ; Stan Balfour
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3480024918637 Longitude: -78.7301992486572
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6