Page 278: Beighton, William John
- Full Text
July 13, 1945 Expected On Louis Pasteur
Sgt. W. J. Beighton, whose wife lives at 71 St. Paul St., here is expected to arrive back in Canada from overseas on Saturday aboard the S.S. Louis Pasteur.
Sgt. Beighton has been overseas three years and enlisted at Lindsay in the 45th Fld. Battery, R.C.A.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- W. J. Beightonof Lindsay was among the many veterans of this district who registered at the Reception and Reunion that was held in Lindsay on Saturday January 19, 1946.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 13 Jul 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- William Beighton
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3638052362457 Longitude: -78.7358211587525
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6