Page 16: Blackbourn, Roland Lawrence
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Roland Lawrence Blackbourn of Lindsay, enlisted in the Canadian Army on 5 September 1939.
He joined the Royal Canadian Artillery with the rank of Lance Bombardier and trained at Petawawa (Ont.), Tracadie (N.B.), and Sussex (N.B.).
He was promoted to L/Bdr. before going overseas on November 11, 1941.
He served with the Canadian army in England, France, Belgium, Holland and Germany.
L/Bdr. Blackbourn arrived home on July 3, 1945 and received his discharge on August 7, 1945.
His home is at 28 King Street, Lindsay.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Roland Lawrence Blackbourn ; Roland Blackbourn ; Alma Griffith
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3575460180845 Longitude: -78.733932883606
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6