Page 15: Blackbourn, Roland Lawrence
- Full Text
July 1945  Gnr. Rolland [Roland] Lawrence Blackburn, a son of Mrs. Blackburn, 50 Russell St. was among the Lindsay boys to return Tuesday. He enlisted in Lindsay and spent some three and a half years overseas. Gnr. Blackburn's wife was formerly Miss Alma Griffith.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes)who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Jul 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Roland Lawrence Blackbourn ; Roland Blackbourn ; Alma Griffith
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3575153339955 Longitude: -78.733932883606
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6