Borton, Thomas Bertrum
- Full Text
June 5, 1944 Pte. Thos. Borten Killed in Action
Haliburton, June 5th - Word has been received that Pte. Thomas Bertrum Borten has been killed in action. He had only been overseas about six months and his wife Thelma Kirkpatrick was the eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Kirkpatrick of Haliburton, who is now employed in Toronto.
Pte. Borten was attached to a medical unit serving in Italy. He visited here on his last leave.
July 5, 1944 Haliburton Man Killed in Action
Mrs. Thelma Borton of Haliburton, has been forwarded word to the effect that her husband, Pte. Thomas Bertrum Borton, Central Ontario Regiment, has been killed in action. No further details have been forthcoming as to where he was serving at the time of his death.
The sympathy of the entire community goes out to the bereaved wife of this gallant soldier.
July 12, 1944 Haliburton Man Killed in Action
Word has been received by Mrs. Thedra Borton of Haliburton, that her husband, Pte. Thos. Bertrum Borton, has been killed in action. No details are to hand. Pte. Borton was a member of the Central Ontario Regiment when leaving Canada.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- Private Thomas Bertrum Borton of Haliburton, Ont. paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II.
(From the list of the Honour Roll for Victoria and Haliburton Counties of those who have paid the supreme sacrifice in the cause of freedom.)
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original
- Summer 1944
- Date Of Event
- 23 May 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Thomas Borton ; Thomas Bertrum Borton ; Thelma Kirkpatrick ; Thelma Barton ; James Kirkpatrick
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.16682 Longitude: -78.49955
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6