Page 93: Brenton, Kenneth Stickney
- Full Text
April 8, 1944   Pilot-Officer Kenneth Brenton of Omemee is serving overseas as an R.C.A.F. navigator. His wife is living in Toronto.
August 25, 1944 OMEMEE RCAF BOY PROMOTED PARENTS HEAR
The son of Mr. and Mrs. T. S. Brenton, Omemee, Kenneth S. Brenton, R.C.A.F., was recently promoted to the rank of Flying Officer, while serving overseas, word reaching his parents reveals. He enlisted in November 1942, and graduated as a navigator at Malton one year later.
He went overseas in March of this year, and has since been taking an advanced course in navigation. The young flyer completed his high school education at Peterborough Collegiate, and at the time of his enlistment in the air force, was attending Victoria College, in Toronto.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- F.O. Kenneth Stickney Brenton of Omemee, Ontario, paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II.
Listed on the Honour Roll of Victoria and Haliburton Counties.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Lindsay Post
- Date of Publication:
- 25 Aug 1944
- Personal Name(s):
- Kenneth Brenton ; T. S. Brenton
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Kawartha Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6