Page 111: Brown, Albert James
- Full Text
April 2, 1945 Lindsay Boy Wounded On Active Duty
Mr. and Mrs. Norman Brown, 33 St. Peter St., have received word from Ottawa to the effect that their son, Pte. Albert James Brown has been wounded while on active service overseas.
Pte. Brown entered the Armed Forces in May of 1942 and was sent overseas in September of the same year and took part in the D-Day invasion.
According to the telegram that Mrs. Brown received, the nature of her son's wounds are not yet available, but it is reported that he is in the hospital overseas and is progressing very favorably.
April 5, 1945 Injuries Are Not Serious
Mr. and Mrs. Norman Brown, 33 St. Peter Street, have just received further information as to injuries received by Pte. A. J. Brown, on active duty overseas.
It is signed—Director of Records.
Pte. A. J. Brown, previously reported slightly wounded in action. Nature of wounds — Bomb fragment wound right forearm. No further information will be forthcoming unless patient's condition considered serious or dangerous by medical authorities.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 5 Apr 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Albert Brown ; Norman Brown
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.360407238769 Longitude: -78.7288796018219
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6