- Full Text
July 27, 1943  Leading stoker Bill Brown of the R.C.N.V.R. who has been doing Convoy duty for the past 11 months is on a 4 weeks furlough at the home of his parents Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Brown Sussex St. N.
His many friends will be glad to see him alter nearly a year's absence having enlisted Aug. 8th of last year.
May 10, 1944  First Class Stoker William Brown who has been visiting his parents Mr. and Mrs. Will Brown, Sussex St. for the past few weeks left this morning to rejoin his ship.
October 31, 1945 Served Three Years At Sea, Arrives Home
Arriving in Toronto, Sunday last after lengthy service at sea, Petty Officer Wm. D. Brown, was met by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Brown, of Sussex St. N., on Monday, returning to Lindsay with them.
Petty Officer Brown has been three-and-a-half years with the R.C.N.V.R., three years of which were spent at sea. He served on a corvette, a destroyer and a minesweeper. He received his rating at sea where every man has to prove his worth and he saw considerable action.
Friends will be pleased to hear of his safe return.
January 30, 1946  Messrs. Bill Brown and Fred Duncan of the C.N.R. staff, Stratford, were week-end guests of Mr. and Mrs. Will Brown, Sussex St. N.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Lindsay Post
- Personal Name(s)
- Bill Brown ; William Brown ; J.W. Brown
- World War II Service Files
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3554901485987 Longitude: -78.7431596826172
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6