Page 117: Brown, Bruce Alex [Bud]
- Media Type
- Item Types
- V 70663
A/B Brown, B. A. (Bud) enlisted with the Canadian Army in June 1940. He joined the 32-34 Bty. R.C.A. at Napanee, Ontario (age 14 years, 9 months). He trained at Kingston, Ont., Petawawa, Ont., Debert, N.S. He was discharged in July 1941 (underage). In May 1942, Bud Brown enlisted with the Anti-Tank Battery and trained at Cornwall, Ont., and Petawawa, Ont. In this service he was promoted to Sergeant.
Sgt. Brown transferred from the Army to the Navy in July 1943 to enlist on September 7th, 1943 at the age of 18 years. He trained at Kingston, Ont. and at Deepbrook, N.S.
Bud brown is at present (Oct 1944) serving on the guns of H.M.C.S. Iroquois.
AB Bruce A. Brown of Lindsay received his discharge from the Navy on January 19, 1946 after service on the Iroquois from 1 May 1944.
B. A. Brown of Lindsay was among the many veterans who attended the Reception and Reunion that was held in Lindsay on Saturday January 19, 1946.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 7 Sep 1943
- Personal Name(s)
- Bruce Brown ; Bud Brown ; B.A. Brown
- World War II Service Files
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3526363594678 Longitude: -78.7354349206543
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6