Page 119: Brown, Dan
- Full Text
March 13, 1945 Two Kinmount Boys Return
Home after serving at Ceylon for three years
Kinmount, March 13, (PNS) – Mrs. A. Brown of Kinmount, is happy over the return of her son, Dan Brown, of the R.C.A.F., after having served for three years in Ceylon. Dan has not changed any while overseas and his many friends were on hand to meet him Saturday night, when he arrived in the village.
Clifford Scrotter, who arrived home last week, was also given a royal welcome. Clifford had spent considerable time overseas and his many friends were pleased to have him back among them.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Lindsay Post
- Date of Publication
- 13 Sep 1945
- Personal Name(s)
- Dan Brown ; A. Brown ; Clifford Scrotter
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.78342 Longitude: -78.64957
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6