Page 122: Brown, DeWillet Francis
- Full Text
June 13, 1945 Lindsay Airman Presumed Dead
Flt. Sgt. De Willet Francis Brown, who was previously reported missing, is now, for official purposes, presumed dead.
His wife, Mrs. D. F. Brown, resides at 40 Elgin Street.
No date  CONGRATULATIONS
To Mr. and Mrs. Gordon W. Brown, 25 Victoria Ave. N., on learning that their son, De Willett F. Brown, who was reported presumed killed in February of this year, has been posthumously commissioned in the rank of Pilot Officer, effective Oct. 31, 1944.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- Flt Sgt. D.F. Brown presumed dead – 13 June 1945.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- DeWillet Brown ; De Willet Francis Brown ; Francis Brown ; Gordon W. Brown
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3625856616314 Longitude: -78.7432133267975
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6