- Full Text
Mar. 19, 1943  L-Cpl. and Mrs. Stanley Brown arrived in Lindsay last weekend. They are enjoying a two-weeks’ furlough and are visiting friends and relatives here and in surrounding districts. L-Cpl. Brown is a chair assistant at the Dental Clinic in Barriefield camp near Kingston, Ont.
March 22, 1943  L.-Cpl. and Mrs. Stanley Brown of Kingston who are on furlough at the home of the former’s mother Mrs. L. Brown Melbourne St. W. are also spending a few days at the home of the latter's father Mr. N. Osborne of Zion Mariposa.
August 10, 1943  Sgt. and Mrs. Stan Brown of the Canadian Dental Corps Kingston are spending a 2 weeks’ furlough with their respective parents in Lindsay and Little Britain.
July 10, 1944  Lula Brown has received word from her husband, Sgt. W. J. Stanley Brown that he is on active service overseas.
November 21, 1945 Veteran To Fill Teaching Vacancy
Mrs. Helen Swanston, teacher at the Alexandra Public School will retire in December, it was announced at the monthly meeting of the Board of Education Wednesday night. Her place will be taken by Mr. Stanley Brown, who served in the Canadian Dental Corps during the war and will assume his new duties after Christmas.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Watchful Warder
- Personal Name(s)
- Stanley Brown ; Stan Brown ; W.J. Stanley Brown ; Helen Swanston ; Lula Brown
- Corporate Name(s)
- Alexandra Public School
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.359053354171 Longitude: -78.7449004362679
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6