page 145: Brown, Woodrow Beverley
- Full Text
No date [March 1945] WOODROW BROWN KILLED IN ACTION
Pte. Woodrow Beverley Brown, Lindsay-born member of the Canadian Active Army, has been killed in action, his mother has been informed. The notification disclosed that Pte. Brown was fighting with the Canadian Army in Germany at the time of his death.
Enlisting in September 1943, at the age of 18 at Kingston, he trained at three army centres before going overseas in October 1944. Transferring to the 5th Algonquin Regiment while overseas, Pte. Brown was sent to Holland on Nov. 10 and was killed on March 9.
Pte. Brown was a member of the Queen Street United Church here. Surviving beside his mother are four sisters and one brother.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- Pte. W. B. Brown is listed as Lindsay boy serving overseas according to list of Business Girls’ Club - Warder, Oct. 1944.
Pte. Woodrow Brown enlisted in the Canadian Army in September 1943. He received his training at Kingston, Ont., Cornwall and Ipperwash. He was posted overseas early in October 1944. He arrived in Holland Nov. 10 1944.
Pte. Woodrow Brown was killed in action March 9, 1945.
On Honour Roll of Victoria and Haliburton Counties.
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Original:
- March 1945
- Date Of Event:
- 9 Mar 1945
- Personal Name(s):
- Woodrow Brown
- Corporate Name(s):
- Queen Street United Church
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Kawartha Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6