- Full Text
October 18, 1944 Capt. R. Bryson
Wounded in Action While in Holland
Official information has been received by Mr. and Mrs. W. J. Bryson, Sussex St., to the effect that their son Capt. Ralph Bryson, has been wounded and is now in an English Hospital. Details are meager, but it is understood that Capt. Bryson received shell fragment wounds on Sept. 25th while engaged in battle on Holland territory.
Capt. Bryson, who moved to Lindsay with his parents when he was eight years old (from Barrie) was educated in the Lindsay schools. He enlisted with the Algonquin Battalion at Timmins, where he was engaged as a baker. He enlisted early in the war and has been four years in the army and overseas two years. He was with his native battalion when wounded.
March 27, 1945  Captain Ralph Bryson spent the week-end at his home on Sussex St.
Capt. Bryson is at present in Christie St. Hospital where he is receiving treatment for a severe arm wound which he received in Holland in Sept.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Personal Name(s)
- Ralph Bryson ; W.J. Bryson
- World War II Service Files
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3551526108944 Longitude: -78.7430309365845
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6