Page 173: Burton, Hugh Norman
- Full Text
July 21, 1944 Husband of Local Woman Killed by Bomb
The sad news has been received by Mrs. Burton, 27 Durham St. W., that her husband Hughie Norman Burton 23, was killed in England on July 5, by an enemy bomb.
He was well known in Lindsay having been employed in the Dominion Arsenal for some time. At the time of his enlistment in the Ordnance Corps a year ago last Christmas he was living in Toronto. He has been overseas a year. His parents reside in Toronto. His wife was formerly Doris Mary Saville and they have one little boy a year old.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- Private Hugh Norman Burton of Lindsay, Ontario, paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II.
From the Honour Roll for Victoria and Haliburton Counties of those who have paid the supreme sacrifice in the cause of freedom.
- Date of Publication
- 21 Jul 1944
- Personal Name(s)
- Hugh Norman Burton ; Hughie Burton ; Doris Mary Saville ; Doris Saville
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.3497977754359 Longitude: -78.7363146852112
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6